If you have inherited or bought an iPhone and the previous owner has setup an Apple ID on it then you will be getting prompted for their password. You will want it removed so that you can add your own one so that you no longer get nagged about the password.
How to fix this problem
There are several places where the Apple ID is used, so the solution depends on the issue you want to fix:
- Wrong Apple ID in the App Store
- Wrong Apple ID in iCloud or Find My Friends (Page 2)
- What if you don’t know the previous owners password? (Page 3)
If someone else has used their Apple ID on your iPhone to install an app then your iPhone will be signed in to the App store using the other person’s Apple ID. To remove their Apple ID from the App Store:
1. Open App Store.
2. Tap Featured at the bottom left.
3. Scroll all the way down to the bottom to view the Apple ID and click it.
4. Click Sign Out to sign out the other Apple ID.
5. Click Sign In.
6. Select Use Existing Apple ID
7. Enter your Apple ID and Password and click OK.
You now have your Apple ID in the App Store. When you download or update apps it will ask you for your password.
If this doesn’t resolve your issue then you will find another solution on next page.